News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

'Tweedish Tourist'... Lavache

Started by nzCdog, March 30, 2012, 10:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

What a neat sounding overdrive!  Really like the sound of this one, it just makes great tone... easy!
My darling hand painted this one too... lots of layers... it's meant to be reminiscent of a well-weathered 'touring' tweed amp.

Had a hard time wiring this... a bit more fiddly than usual making space for the battery, so its a little messy in there but not too bad.  Contains: 1N914s, BAT 41s, 2N3565, gain boost and diode select switching.

Showin off the paintwork

jimmybjj

Wow, you are putting out some really great stuff. Well done!
Pcbs no longer available

gtr2

Great build and well finished!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jkokura

I love the finish on that one man!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

nzCdog

chromesphere

Really like the paintjob, looks great!  Say, how did you do that lettering?  Is it a decal?
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

Ettore_M

Awesome finish on that one, Corey! Really creative, but it seems to have been a difficult one.
Lately, I've seen a couple of Lavache builds on the forum, and the comments for its sound were really good. I'm  looking for a good overdrive, and it looks as a very good choice, as it's a simple and easy build.
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

nzCdog

Thanks guys :)

Paul, yes clear laser waterslide transfers... I got these through ebay... I like them more than the other brand I previously tried from a local model shop.

Hector, yes it was several layers of various colors of paint, using brushes and a coarse textured fabric 'print' method... my wife is really good with paint!  (I'm biased of course)

I can highly recommend the Lavache, plain and simple good tone... a great way to use a 2N3565 if you can get your hands on one :)

alanp

Your idea of 'a bit messy' is my never-happening clean!

How much outlay is it for rattlecan paint and those decals in NZ, Cdog?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

eldanko

www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

nzCdog

Thanks guys :)

Alan, I bought the decal paper for $6 a sheet from the model shop, I went back and they had none in stock so I tried tha Ebay stuff linked earlier.  I found the Ebay stuff easier to use and much cheaper.  The paint on this pedal is acrylic art paint, it has much brighter pigmentation than the spray stuff I've used... but in the past a $10 can from Bunnings has given satisfactory results.  I always clearcoat my pedals using a non yellowing acrylic clearcoat spraycan too...   8)

bigrigg

killer finish.  Looks like you skinned an old Tweed Amp.  Congrats.