News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Shhh... Mostly SMD board. ISP Decimator

Started by jimmybjj, March 31, 2012, 05:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmybjj

The finish isn't the best i've ever done, but this one is a keeper anyway :) Base coat is a textured powder so there is a appearance of orange peel, lettering in granny smith green so it sparkles in person. SMD isn't nearly as hard as i thought is was going to be. Pedal does color the sound a little, this isn't noticeable with the original because the signal is buffered in bypass. My build (board by matt at diystompboxes) is true bypass so it is pretty noticeable but i will probably leave it on all the time so it doesn't matter anyway.

Pcbs no longer available

nzCdog

Wow!   Makes me cross eyed just looking at that smd board!  Nice build man, be cool to hear how you like it in your rig 8)

pickdropper

I am sorry I missed those boards.  I could use a decimator and I find SMD to be a lot of fun.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Diamond

gtr2

yikes, that's a lot of tiny components.  Cool build!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jimmybjj

Thanks guys, this is one cool pedal.

Quote from: pickdropper on March 31, 2012, 06:27:39 AM
I am sorry I missed those boards.  I could use a decimator and I find SMD to be a lot of fun.

PM sent
Pcbs no longer available

pickdropper

Quote from: jimmybjj on March 31, 2012, 01:52:42 PM
Thanks guys, this is one cool pedal.

PM sent

PM replied
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

RockeTron25

Does anyone know where I could find the schematic and PCB layout for this pedal??

Is it under a different name in the forums??
I need one for sure.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pedalman

id love to try SMD one of these days. im just not crazy about all the parts i need that i dont have
I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

monkeyssj1

juansolo

Stonking build.

Now I've tried SMD, I can honestly say, no.

No, no, no, no... no.

I always thought I had limitless patience for such things, it appears I do not. For those that do SMD, I have nothing but respect. For those that enjoy it...

I find SMD to be a lot of fun.

Deviant!

;)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

pedalman

I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.