News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Less Choppy Double Flush?

Started by lwatford, April 01, 2012, 09:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lwatford

Finished a Double Flush a few weeks ago, it sounds good, but it's a bit choppy for me (even with the intensity all the way down). I can't quite tell from other demos (of the Tremulator and the few Trembulator clips I've found) but they all seem to sound like mine. Is there a way to calm it down a little?

nzCdog

Using LED/LDR? Might be to do with your parts choices?  I imagine superbright LEDs wouldn't work very well, maybe you could experiment with different parts

madbean

Two suggestions: Increase R12 to lower the intensity of the the LED brightness and/or reduce the value of the BAL control to 10kB/C to reduce the amount of signal cutoff of the guitar signal. I think the R12 thing is probably what you are after.

lwatford

Quote from: nzCdog on April 01, 2012, 10:19:54 PM
Using LED/LDR? Might be to do with your parts choices?  I imagine superbright LEDs wouldn't work very well, maybe you could experiment with different parts

I'm using an opto (VLT5C1)

Quote from: madbean on April 01, 2012, 11:09:14 PM
Two suggestions: Increase R12 to lower the intensity of the the LED brightness and/or reduce the value of the BAL control to 10kB/C to reduce the amount of signal cutoff of the guitar signal. I think the R12 thing is probably what you are after.

I tried that, and it helped a little, but it still seems like a square wave to me. Out of curiosity, I put an LED inline with the Opto, and it pulses a square wave, not a smooth sine or even a triangle wave. Anyone care to check theirs?