News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Park barrel bypass works, no effect, lfo led not working

Started by bigb1984yaherd, March 15, 2012, 02:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scruffie

Quote from: bigb1984yaherd on March 18, 2012, 02:06:12 PM
Ok so I have had zero time this weekend but i did get a few moments to atleast look at the area of the tl062. There are no solder bridges, Im goign to try and reflow the area. If this doesnt work could their be a faulty component in the path leading to the IC. And just a guess, Im probably getting no effect because the TL062 is the op amp which is not functioning would render the effect ....basicly noiseless, right?

Also, the fact that Im no getting anything from the lfo led, is that a concern? IF I blew out the led somehow would that create a problem like this? Does the fact that the led does not light up indicate another problem?
You get audio with the effect engaged because the dry path still works, which rules out the 4558.

With no TL062 to modulate the Clock, all you have is a very short fixed delay, if any delay is happening at all.

The LFO LED runs from the TL062 (it modulates, the LED follows its output voltage) so that's why that's happening, although it may well have blown from whatever's happened.

If i'm reading your voltages right, the clock does appear to be working still though and the BBD seems to have reasonable voltages.

The TL062 might just be broken.
Works at Lectric-FX

bigb1984yaherd

Reflowed just about everything today. Going to completely rewire the pots tomorrow and see if that does anything at all for me. Would the pots be any source of concern? Also is the second pad on the 9v pad an extra ground? Can I try subing a Tl082? Its all that I have that is close just to see if that makes a difference.

Scruffie

Quote from: bigb1984yaherd on March 20, 2012, 07:40:47 PM
Reflowed just about everything today. Going to completely rewire the pots tomorrow and see if that does anything at all for me. Would the pots be any source of concern? Also is the second pad on the 9v pad an extra ground? Can I try subing a Tl082? Its all that I have that is close just to see if that makes a difference.
You can try subbing any Dual Opamp you have, it doesn't have to be close to a TL062, some LFOs work with some chips and not others but by all means give a TL082 a whirl.

It's plausible the pots are a source of concern I suppose but it's not the first place i'd look,
Works at Lectric-FX

bigb1984yaherd

Replaced the pots and now everything is good in the Pork Barrel world!