News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

She Squeels a little

Started by BRGPollen, April 02, 2012, 09:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRGPollen

Ok, as I am still new to understanding exactly what components do, I'm having a hard time looking for a place to start figuring this one out.  Any help from the collective knowledge here is greatly appreciated.

First, the pedal in question is the Krankosaurus.  I have built it all up without the 3pdt footswitches and tested it out in my test rig.  The Distortion is awesome, exactly what I was hoping.  The Boost is also cool, clean and loud! So what's the problem right?  My third test was to put the distortion in series with the boost (dist -> boost).  That turned out great as well.  Then I got the crazy idea that it would be cool to be able to reverse the order if I wanted to completely saturate the distortion end.  (I currently do this with a Boss comp in front of all my dirt.  One quick stomp on the comp and the distortion starts to melt down (in a good way)!) SO, I put the boost in front of the distortion and got exactly what I was looking for ............  Then I rolled the volume down on my guitar and the whole thing started squealing like I was roasting a live pig! 

This doesn't happen with my current setup or even when I put my Fatboost 3 clone infront of my dirt pedals.  I'm perplexed.  If it is not meant to be that's ok.  I still love the pedal with it's intended design.  I'm more after the lesson of why something like this might happen.

Thanks in advance and again,

"B"   
The Musician's Theory of Relativity . . . . . E=Fb