News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rangemaster magic

Started by mcasemo, March 14, 2015, 08:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcasemo

Not a complete build report......I'm not much of a guitar player because i'm no good, but really love pedal making and and making stuff others can use on stage or in recordings.  So it took me a while to learn the magic of the rangemaster, I don't have any huge amps or anything, but after a few rounds with a friend, we got around to trying a rangemaster to push his JCM800.  I guess this is sorta classic, but so fun to see how something so simple does the trick.

alanp

Quote from: mcasemo on March 14, 2015, 08:10:00 PM
I'm not much of a guitar player because i'm no good, but really love pedal making

(snipped a bit)

You and me, man, we just think alike :) I'm the same way! It's kinda got that proud-papa feeling, when someone with great chops is hugely impressed with one of YOUR creations and does beautiful, amazing music with it.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

AntKnee

Cool!
Post an update when you box it up.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

Guitarmageddon

Yep, cool! Those GT402s make great Rangemasters!
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

mcasemo

i got GT404's.  I thought i was buying AC187's on ebay, but got AC185/GT404 equivalent by accident, but they seem to be working.  I have not measured any leakage or gain, just setting the bias at 7v and putting in a germanium diodes to combat the temperature thing.  i don't have the ears to discern to much tonal variation, so have to rely on back and forth with friends.

alanp - i made a selmer buzztone, current lover, and echobase for a friend, he send a clip of them hooked up and played right, i was so proud.  i keep listening to it on headphones.  i need to re-take some guitar lessons.  haha