News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

stupid pedal tricks: madbean honeydripper

Started by pinkjimiphoton, April 02, 2012, 10:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkjimiphoton

madbean

This is a GREAT demo! I don't know why, but your whole style of demoing just draws me in...when you start talking about lazers and fog, I'm like "yeah...that's friggin' right"!

Anyway, good choice on the clipping diodes. I think I will go back and mod mine like yours. Other than the difference in clipping, this is exactly what the pedal should sound like and is pretty spot on to mine.

Thanks for posting and for the plug!

pinkjimiphoton

Quote from: madbean on April 02, 2012, 11:04:47 PM
This is a GREAT demo! I don't know why, but your whole style of demoing just draws me in...when you start talking about lazers and fog, I'm like "yeah...that's friggin' right"!

Anyway, good choice on the clipping diodes. I think I will go back and mod mine like yours. Other than the difference in clipping, this is exactly what the pedal should sound like and is pretty spot on to mine.

Thanks for posting and for the plug!

thanks for the kind words and awesome project bro...i learned alot building it, and it's cool cuz i've built a bunch of formant pedals now, and this is one of the better ones...really similar to the ludwig pII we re-designed...you can almost make it talk when it's dialed in right!!!

looking forward to building a few more projects when i can afford it, and be glad to pimp 'em for ya with my humble demo videos.

i fu**ing LOVE this pedal brian!! well done!!

the only thing...i'd love to see it made so it could fit in a wah shell. if i could twist that depth knob with my foot, i'd probably explode with joy!! lol

my advice? socket the diodes....then you can find the perfect match!!

peace !

jubal81

Great demo. Id've never considered building this one, but now it's on the list. Thanks!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pinkjimiphoton

:D

be careful soldering!! it's not bad at all, but there are a few places where it can get a little tricky.
but i think you'll really dig it when ya build it!

stecykmi

fog does make lasers look like 3 dimensional objects, doesn't it? That's such an interesting way of describing that.

anyway, I really want one of these now, I'll hafta order one after exams end. good demo!

pinkjimiphoton

heh heh...dude, this pedal sounds a lot better than my crummy demo does!!

;)

enjoy!!

alanp

I love the presentation style Jimi, even when you begin to ramble a bit it's still VERY entertaining! (As opposed to other people who start to go um, ah, ah, um, and this does, ah...)

Does the Honeydripper have trouble picking up the notes with sloppy playing like the Lowrider does?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

Awesome demo! Mind if I link that on my site?
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Diamond

Finally, a good Dipthonizer demo! Thanks man! Position two also sounded the best to me and you're absolutely right about lasers and fog. ;)

pinkjimiphoton

Quote from: alanp on April 03, 2012, 04:56:44 AM
I love the presentation style Jimi, even when you begin to ramble a bit it's still VERY entertaining! (As opposed to other people who start to go um, ah, ah, um, and this does, ah...)

Does the Honeydripper have trouble picking up the notes with sloppy playing like the Lowrider does?

i'd have to play sloppy to know that. <vbg>

i haven't noticed that, imho the sloppier you play, the more vowel like it gets.

i haven't tried a lowrider, so really can't comment.

man...thinking about making an offer to pedal builders...send me a free board, and i'll pimp the pedal for ya when it's done...feed my addiction that way!! lol

glad ya liked the demo dude. peace!

pinkjimiphoton

Quote from: juansolo on April 03, 2012, 07:04:09 AM
Awesome demo! Mind if I link that on my site?

hey bro,

feel free to do anything ya want with the demo, it's all good.  ;D

pinkjimiphoton

Quote from: Diamond on April 03, 2012, 07:52:11 AM
Finally, a good Dipthonizer demo! Thanks man! Position two also sounded the best to me and you're absolutely right about lasers and fog. ;)

thanks bro! ;)

lazers and fog are something i'm pretty intimate with...lol

redbean

es là-bas!!

Roctopus