News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2 more Sunking diode options

Started by rawkcraze, April 04, 2012, 08:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rawkcraze

i was searching different websites for diode options for a Klon clone, and one website said the closest forward voltage drop diodes to the original Klon were the OA91 and 1n277's. anyone used or tried these out before? i have a few 1n277's coming along with 1n34a's and 1n60's. already use bat41's and just looking for something smoother.

JakeFuzz

I've never tried the 1n277 or the OA91's but the smoothest diode combination I have found for the Sunking has been a 1N695 in parallel with a BAT85 or BAT46. If you get the chance try this combo and let us know what you think. 1N695's are probably my favorite Ge diode and good to have around.

jtn191

interesting info so far, makes me want to try those combos. On my last Sunking build, I did an 8-position clipping switch...with that, when all of them on--it dramatically lowers the overall gain available and makes the whole thing more dynamic. If I'm not mistaken, more diodes in series raise the clipping threshold, which makes it more "dynamic" to pick attack, dunno about "smoother"

In my first build I did a recorded shootout and preferred BAT41 (BAT46s?) to 1N34As and LM313s.
Socketing them or putting them on a switch is great because you can try assym. clipping