News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Double Owl Drive

Started by greyscales, April 05, 2012, 12:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greyscales

I have had this 1590BB enclosure from Mammoth for a while now, and decided it was time to finally get my two favorite circuits together in one box. I've had the circuits going in separate enclosures for a while, but decided this week to go ahead and put them together.

The first circuit is Madbean's Sabertooth (Woolly Mammoth). It uses the four creme knobs at the top.
The second circuit is a Devi Ever Karaoke Party. Devi claims it sounds like a vintage Sunn amp, and I'll agree. My dad has one and they sound pretty similar. The only change I made is a linear volume pot, which really kicks in a boost early.

I feel like this pedal covers all of the territory I need in the fuzz/drive department. The KP sounds great for a super simple overdrive. It uses less parts that a SHO! The Sabertooth is good at covering every extreme of the fuzz spectrum, and the KP is good for boosting it for leads or even a dirtier tone.

One of the best parts: it sounds amazing on both guitar and bass.

crash

So that's why there is a blue wire shortage in the world.   :P

sgmezei

crash

Please don't take my previous post too seriously.  Just a friendly ribbing.  Keep the pedals coming.  It's always good to see unique combination of 2-in-1 pedals.

midwayfair

Great, now I want to make a Karaoke Party. :) Such a tiny board.

nzCdog

Quote from: crash on April 05, 2012, 12:21:51 PM
So that's why there is a blue wire shortage in the world.   :P
LOL!  

Hey man thats a slick looking pedal! Sabretooth and kareoke party... ftw!

greyscales

Quote from: crash on April 05, 2012, 01:33:08 PM
Please don't take my previous post too seriously.  Just a friendly ribbing.  Keep the pedals coming.  It's always good to see unique combination of 2-in-1 pedals.

Haha, no offense taken. I go to the University of Kentucky, blue is the only color around here.  ;) It wasn't planne that way, but it's funny to see now.

For anyone wondering, the knob layout was done just so I didn't have a random WM knob on one side and the other three on the other. It was predrilled from Mammoth. Not the best hole layout though. The pots were a bit too tight to use the knobs I wanted, and the LEDs were a bit close to the switches.