News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Carefull, LOUD PEDAL ALERT!! Snarkdoodle.......

Started by DutchMF, April 07, 2012, 07:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

This got finished a while ago, but hadn't gotten around to posting a Build Report until now..... The enclosure was advertised as being purple, which I guess it is but I expected something different. Not shure if I like this shade of purple :(

Neat trick: I mounted the board to the pots/switch with some resistor leads, really cuts down the amount of wiring, and solves the problem of where to put the board. I drilled the enclosure first and noticed this could be done after that, so it was a bit of luck, but I like the way it turned out. Check out that monster cap  :o

Tried it out at band rehearsal last week and got a lot of "Turn that down!!!", man this a loud pedal! Sounds very nice though, so if anyone knows how to tame this beast......

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

nzCdog

DutchMF

He Corey, I hit the "Post" button a bit early, the full report is up now.....
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

DuctTapeRiot

I dunno Paul, all you need is a neon yellow sweat band and you will be pure 80's!!   Guts are immaculate!

nzCdog

Ah I see... thought your post was somewhat brief! It does look really tidy Paul... and I like bright coloured pedals 8)

stecykmi

4049 builds are known to be really loud. nice work!

nzCdog

Don't purple enclosures just tend to be loud too? ;)

Paul I suppose you could put a trimpot in there to attenuate the overall level of things a bit.  
Output of circuit board > trimpot lug 1,  trimpot Lug 2 > output jack (via the stomp switch), and lug 3 of trimpot > ground.  That should work... let us know how you get along! :)

Bret608

Hey, I just saw this! Cool build. I like that shade of purple. It is almost exactly like the shade on my Roger Mayer Mongoose. How could it not be loud when it looks that cool and has a massive cap to boot?