News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Maybe a PtP?

Started by jubal81, April 13, 2012, 04:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

A classic case of the tail wagging the dog ...

I finished this enclosure with the intention of putting a Formula 5 in it, but the way it turned out I'm tempted to fill it with a PtP, ridiculously oversized capacitors circuit.

Any suggestions, or should I just stick the circuit board in there?

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Sigesmundninja

ridiculously oversized capacitors is the way to go!!! A turretboard would look so good in that enclosure!

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

eldanko

Flap from Vox wah bag?
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

Bret608

You need a turretboard MKII or something in there! Did you get this from Pedal Enclosures? How are they to order from?

jubal81

It's a snipped-up aluminum plate with some scrap tolex and piping. When I went to Mojotone a couple weeks ago I got treated to a shop tour and snagged some 'garbage.'

The PedalEnclosures box is the Cadillac Escalade of aluminum project boxes. When you feel the heated leather seat caress your rear end, you'll know where that extra money went. Seriously, the quality inside and out gives the impression it's indestructible. Shipping was only a few days, too.

Any more recommendations for specific PtP builds?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

dwstanford

+1 on the tonebender suggestion, or pretty much any ge fuzz.  Maybe a superbee.  Yeah.  Superbee.  I would breadboard a few ge fuzzes until you hear something you can't live without. 

Sigesmundninja

I have made two orders from pedal enclosures the last month and I highly recommend them. Mike is a super-nice guy and ships fast! enclosures may be a more expensive than the common hammond but when you build an awesome fuzz, tonebender or other "vintage" circuit they are the way to!!

bigmufffuzzwizz

That is one old school looking box!! There's a lot of old fuzz circuits that can easily be done Ptp or turretboard style. What kind are you into or looking for?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jubal81

I just got a Cosmopolitan board from Haberdasher and I'm pretty excited about that one, so I'm leaning that way. I'm pretty sure this box is destined for a fuzz, though. After watching some Tonebender demos, I liked the basic Sola Sound MKII the best, but the Cosmo/Screwdriver videos sound like something I'd use more often.

In the meantime I thought I'd go ahead and put the No. 5 in there. It looks freakin' awesome with the jewel light on, but the board was my first fabbed design and didn't work very well, so it's about to get cut out of there. 
- David Fair

night-B

I'd put a mojo mk2 in there too a la DAM. Built on perf with OC75 and shielded wire :)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Those are all very fitting ideas! Have you checked out Creepy Fingers Effects before? Awesome local pedal builder in an epic band...You gotta do terminal strip PtP!
Like this: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/532126_355304761182355_100001085026181_1084401_1844656070_n.jpg <- FF I believe
Or Marshall SupaFuzz w/ OC75's!! https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/76269_149380828441417_100001085026181_265213_3088607_n.jpg
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

night-B

Magic, these builds are pure art on the inside. It sure is a lot of work and a pain in the a.. to bias. Very inspiring!

jubal81

Thanks, Wizz! That's just what I've not been able to find in two days of searching.

Do you have any links to a schematic/layout for that stuff?
- David Fair