News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MN3007/MN3207 Datasheets question

Started by DutchMF, April 16, 2012, 04:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

Hi guys,

While checking out the datasheets for these chips, i saw that the pin out is identical, while the Porkbarrel docs gave me the impression that it should be different, with the jumpers and all? ??? ???

Am I missing something or are these the wrong datasheets?

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

DutchMF

And here's the one for the MN3207.....

madbean

The pinouts are the same, but the power requirements are opposite. The jumpers route ground and power to the appropriate pins depending on which IC you are using. Same with the other "power swap" projects like the Aquaboy and Dirtbag.

I don't remember exactly how I expressed this in the Porkbarrel documentation, but if I said it was due to different pinouts, that isn't accurate---the correct way should be as described above.

DutchMF

Okay, took another look at the datasheets, this has to do with the 3007 expecting a negative supply voltage and the 3207 a positive one, right? Didn't mean to imply you weren't accurate Brian, I just didn't understand what you meant. Thanks for the answer, another bit of knowledge absorbed!

Paul

Scruffie

Anddd because it's a source follower MOSFET, on one the output resistor needs to go to voltage, the other to ground. They do have there differences.
Works at Lectric-FX