News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cosmopolitan Build

Started by pickdropper, April 15, 2012, 09:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slimtriggers

Wow, that is really great!  :o

Silver knobs would look nice, too, but I kinda like the Spinal Tap-ish "None more black" look.   

nzCdog

pickdropper

Quote from: slimtriggers on April 15, 2012, 07:05:39 PM
Wow, that is really great!  :o

Silver knobs would look nice, too, but I kinda like the Spinal Tap-ish "None more black" look.   

I am still planning out my "Disaster Area" matte black pedal with matte black hardware.  At some point that needs to be done.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Bret608

The look reminds me of Lord of the Rings, which I was obsessed with as a kid (and adult I must admit)! My Cosmo is in progress, so this has me even more excited.

madbean

I removed a spamming post. Please do not register here just to advertise your business.

pickdropper

Quote from: Bret608 on April 16, 2012, 07:10:13 AM
The look reminds me of Lord of the Rings, which I was obsessed with as a kid (and adult I must admit)! My Cosmo is in progress, so this has me even more excited.

Do you have your Cosmo artwork planned out already?  If you want mine, I'd be happy to share.  You could modify it to be even more Lord of the Ringsy.
Function f(x)

Vallhagen

Im all impressed by the artwork... Laser etching? Extremely cool.

Cheers
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

Bret608

Do you have your Cosmo artwork planned out already?  If you want mine, I'd be happy to share.  You could modify it to be even more Lord of the Ringsy.
[/quote]

I haven't planned any just yet. Thanks for the offer! I've been trying to teach myself Illustrator with the advice of some folks here.

Would it be possible to use it as a waterslide decal instead of etching? I haven't tried either yet, and the waterslide seems more doable at this point...

jkokura

Waterslide is the default for most people.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

pickdropper

Yeah, waterside will work fine with it, it will just look different than an etch.  As the artwork is currently setup, all the silver areas would print black.

The file is in Illustrator format.  You coul practice manipulating it.

If you are interested shoot me a PM and I can get you the file.
Function f(x)

neiloler

How does one look into getting into laser etching?
OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball

pickdropper

Quote from: neiloler on April 19, 2012, 09:37:40 AM
How does one look into getting into laser etching?

You really only need a vector-based graphics program and the laser etching machine (along with a compressor and venting system).

There are some less expensive machines out there (about $3k), but I don't have experience with those, unfortunately, so I am not sure how good they are.

If you went to a trophy shop that had the right tools all you would likely need is to generate the graphics in Illustrator and Inkscape and bring them the file.  You just have to double check that the enclosure sits in the correct place on the bed.  For example, on the engraver that I use, I can put the enclosure at the upper left corner for registration, but I need to account for the draft they put on the box so I have to put that offset in the artwork.  This isn't difficult, but you need to do it since the bottom of the box is wider than the top.
Function f(x)

courtneyisaboy

that looks so awesome.  i vote black knobs for sweet black metal.  i doubt that's what you play but it looks amazing.