News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

LaVache build w/ video

Started by bikescene, April 21, 2012, 08:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bikescene

I built a LaVache earlier this month, but didn't get to play it much. I recorded myself playing through a few different settings to familiarize myself with its sounds. I still need to put in an LED indicator for the boost side one of these days.

mgwhit

Great demo -- thanks!  Just got the parts to build this in the mail yesterday.  Now I'm pretty geared up.

midwayfair

Did you record the part and reamp it? You were very consistent throughout. I really liked that you did a lot of chords and how well structured everything was.

bikescene

Quote from: mgwhit on April 22, 2012, 06:02:37 AM
Great demo -- thanks!  Just got the parts to build this in the mail yesterday.  Now I'm pretty geared up.

Thanks. Have fun with your build. I was excited to build mine.

Quote from: midwayfair on April 22, 2012, 09:05:21 AM
Did you record the part and reamp it? You were very consistent throughout. I really liked that you did a lot of chords and how well structured everything was.

I don't play much lead nowadays, but I also thought that chords would be less grating to listeners if I decided to share my recording. I didn't re-amp the parts, but I should look into making a reamp now that you mention it. It would've made the recording process a lot easier and more consistent. I quickly played all the parts to a click track.

I might record my madbean Rat and Triangle Muff builds in the same manner so I can go through settings that my eyes would be normally put off by.

I barely spent any time in Tchula mode earlier this month (the one being clipped by 2 BAT41s) but I can see myself using it for certain sounds now.

jtn191

bravo on the nice demo and playing. I've got a Pathfinder too! Use it as a test amp but it's pretty bright and SS-y.
On reamping: the studio I'm studying at has a Radial X-amp, I'm lookin at one of these on a budget http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DualRDB
Really wish I could get my lavache working properly soon!