News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nashvillites are lucky people

Started by jkokura, April 16, 2012, 01:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

One of the greatest guitarists alive is playing a show in Nashville tonight. Go see Phil Keaggy, you will not regret it.

http://www.facebook.com/events/435086789841137/

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

irmcdermott

if I were home i for sure would! LOVE Keaggy. he seems to play for free every time he's in town.

timbo_93631

I saw him when I was 14, after that I got serious about learning guitar, not just making awful noise.  When he started thumping his guitar with his stubby nub finger and doing drone chords and harmonics and beats all at the same time I just about freaked out.  My jaw was on the floor the whole night.  That was the first time I had seen anyone use a looper, just so many things he did I had never seen before.  It was at a church and I think there were probably less than 200 people there.  I got to talk to him for quite awhile afterward.  Pretty cool guy.  I have not been to very many life changing shows, let alone where you pray before the music starts, but that one will always stand out for me. 
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

gtr2

One of these days I'll see him...  always seem to miss the date when he's close by...
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

courtneyisaboy

i'm a nashvillite but i'm unlucky because i have to work a show.  anyone run live sound out there? come and relieve me so i can go to a better show.

eldanko

Keaggy has also been my greatest influence as a musician.  Not just his virtuosity and songwriting, but just how dang prolific he's been... he never STOPS getting better or writing quality stuff...
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

jkokura

And he has only 9 fingers - he's a finger style virtuoso...

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

GermanCdn

Phil is a great guitarist.  Phil'p Side (really early Keaggy) was my first real guitar cassette (given to me by my dad, apparently he had better taste than I thought).  What I found interesting much later in life was that his backing band for that tour consisted of Doug Pinnick and Jerry Gaskill, who went on to form King's X, one of my top five favourite groups of all time, and one of the best live power trios.  They absolutely kill live.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

TNblueshawk

I have never heard of this guy  :-[

Just saw this thread so too late.
John

irmcdermott

Hey Keaggy fans,

Woke up today, fired up Twitter and this was the first thing I saw from a friend:

"Please pray for Phil Keaggy.  He is in the ICU in North Carolina after hemorrhaging during a routine procedure. was operated on an hour ago."

Send prayer/good thoughts his direction.

jkokura

They updated Phil's facebook page. He's doing alright now and expects to fly home tomorrow.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*