News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedal Parts Plus Colors

Started by Sigesmundninja, April 24, 2012, 01:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigesmundninja

I've had a couple of disappointments with pedalpartsplus, don't get me wrong, the quality is great but as we all know, colors can be a little "off" sometimes. I was just thinking maybe we could post pictures of our colored enclosures. I realise most of them shows up in the build reports but this could be sort of a database.

18 karat gold:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sigesmundninja

Psycho Vein:

Dormant Granny Smith Green:

OBD Green:

REPTAR

This a good idea.  I often wonder what the colors really look like in normal lighting.

midwayfair

Yeah, I was *slightly* disappointed with the Mercedes Sparkle. Don't get me wrong, it looks beautiful, but I was putting my friend's "Green Cheese Fuzz" (ummmm Lunar Module clone, quite a few steps to get the joke there ...) in it, but it's far more blue than we expected.

The Translucent Gold enclosure I got looked accurate on the site. The Galaxy Red I got looks far better in person than on the site.

I'll post pictures when I get a chance.

icecycle66

How well does their paint stand up to drilling?

Do you have to take special precaution to avoid peeling or flaking?

gtr2

Quote from: icecycle66 on April 25, 2012, 02:00:30 PM
How well does their paint stand up to drilling?

Do you have to take special precaution to avoid peeling or flaking?

Really well.  It's powder coat, much more durable than paint.  I don't take precautions when drilling.  Some people tape the enclosure to avoid scratching it.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

gtr2

Not the greatist pic but here is

White Sparkle

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

eldanko

Sorry for the decals, but you can tell the color around the edges pretty well on these.  Hope this helps.

Reptile Green

Almond

Psycho Lime Topcoat

Signal Violet
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

midwayfair

Mercedes Sparkly. Looks greener on the website, bluer in person.

whitebread47

Quote from: eldanko on April 26, 2012, 08:45:21 AM
Sorry for the decals, but you can tell the color around the edges pretty well on these.  Hope this helps.

Reptile Green

Is this a waterslide decal?  That looks amazing!  I know little about enclosure labeling methods, but would like to get the kind of results that your projects have.  Is there a particular software that is good for this and not photoshop-expensive?

Back on topic, here's a pic of my Reptile Green RangeMaster.  (The lighting conditions weren't great, but it is generally darker.):

Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

claytushaywood

great topic!  I'll post soon- wanna see updates til then!

Matt Gnarly

Does anyone have any experience with the satin black finish from PPP? I'd like a really matte finish, but satin might have to do.

gtr2

mouser is the best place to get the matte
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

icecycle66

Bubble Gum (Smoothie)

Chocolate (Cave Dweller)

Copper Translucent

Metallic Silver (Zombii) and Metallic Grey (LMB3 rehouse)

OBD Green (Behringer Slow Motion rehouse)

Purple Wave (BF2 rehouse)

Satin black (Green Russian) & Gloss black (Sabertooth)

Yellow (ODB3 rehouse)

Magnetar Effects

I'm very grateful this thread exists! I've been searching google for this exact topic, and just found it moments ago. Here is an accurate photographic representation of Candy Blue and Emerald Green.