News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedal Parts Plus Colors

Started by Sigesmundninja, April 24, 2012, 01:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aziltz

Galaxy Purple with Black Silkscreen (hand-screened, not machine printed)

midwayfair

Blue Bonnet Blue. This blue is really nice in person, and it made a great base coat for painting colors onto.

Their newer website photos seem to be a lot more true to life.

And I'll just add some extra love for them: I ordered four enclosures last night at 11:00pm, two of which required powdercoating.

I just got this shipping notice. Less than 12 hours turnaround. Major thumbs up.

gtr2

Yeah, I noticed the turnaround on my last two orders being very fast!  Thumbs up!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

croquet hoop

Same here, I got my two orders from them in less than a week (and I'm in Europe), that was really fast.

croquet hoop

So while I'm at it, here are pictures of what I got. The white balance might look off but as far as I can tell the colors (as seen on my DSLR & computer screen) are true to life, they are not washed out by light. The same goes for the gloss & sparkle level, I think the pictures really show the colors for what they are.

• Dormant Granny Smith Green: green base coat under silvery sparkle coat. Neither dull not exceedingly shiny, satin finish.

• Galaxy Purple: purple base coat under silvery sparkle coat. Satin finish.

• Purple Starlight Translucent: purple base coat under gold-ish and purple flakes. Gloss finish. Darker and deeper than Galaxy Purple, and more sparkly, but it is still decidedly purple, even in low light is does not turn to black.

• Black Gloss Cherry Topcoat: Pretty self-explanatory, black base coat, purple glitter. I was a bit let down by this one since the sample I received before I ordered the enclosure was much more glittery, and so the resulting color was much more complex; It's nice that they offer samples, but I didn't know that such discrepancies were to be expected. Oh well.

On the sample, the color is a sparkling purple when seen from above, and when light strikes it differently it changes to a gold/dark green/silver sparkle with a nice impression of depth, enhanced by the gloss finish. The effect is almost unnoticeable on the enclosure, since the sparkle layer is far less dense. I expected more from a custom color, but when you forget the price tag it still looks good on its own.

• Black Starlight Translucent: pretty much the same as Purple Starlight, except with a black base coat, and the finish is gloss, not satin. On this one too the sparle coat is quite thin, so even in broad daylight the stars do not shine that much. I'd take that over any black gloss nonetheless, in this case the subdued sparkle works great.

Final groupshot of purple and black boxes. Galaxy Purple, Starlight Purple, Black Gloss Cherry Topcoat, Black Starlight & Hammond flat black (which is very nice too).

Since I also got a few samples to compare their different shades of purple, here they are:

• Nightshade Purple: same purple base coat as Galaxy Purple (shown for comparison), but greenish/silver sparkle, which makes it look just like Galaxy Purple on some angles, and different (more blue) on some other:

• Purple Kryptonite: textured color (similar to hammertone) with black base coat, top brushed with purple, and loose sparkle glitter on top of that. The overall shade is darker than Purple Starlight (under the sample), but lighter than Black Gloss & Cherry. The main difference being that Purple Kryptonite is textured and as such really departs from either.

So, that's it for this round up of shades of purple ;D