News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Weener as a fixed wah?

Started by sirbergersworth, April 24, 2012, 10:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirbergersworth

Has anyone built a weener as a fixed wah? I am thinking something like the mxr q zone or the rocktron sweet spot.
I currently have two CBs (not including my kids) wahs. One is a mid 90s and the guts of the other look older.
I ordered the weener pcb board and trying to decide if I should build the weener as the fixed wah or convert one of the CBs to a fixed wah.
looking for opinions.
I am happy with the sound of the CB that I currently use and I do use it as a fixed wah all the time.
I think the extra controls on the weener would be cool in a fixed wah. but, I am happy with the one pot I have on the CB now as a fixed wah. I just want to be able to go the a certain frequency without having to find it on the fly.

btw, I think this is my first post
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter

madbean

Welcome to the forum.

Personally, I would not build the Weener for a fixed wah because of the size of the PCB. You could get a nice fixed wah, with some amount of control, doing an inductor-less wah like the Colorsound and fit it into a 1590A or B. Or, maybe a variation of the "Light Wah" over at DIYSB. There are a few designs out there which could serve the purpose, be less costly to build and fit in a small enclosure.

sirbergersworth

Thanks. I will look into those options. I look forward to building this one and more to come.
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter