News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PT2399 Delay with tap tempo on vero

Started by REPTAR, April 25, 2012, 06:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REPTAR

Just reused an old box from a rebote delay.  Tape for new letters, and to cover scratches (enclosure from mammoth= bad paint job.)  The tap tempo is a little glitchy.  My favorite part of this delay is the mix knob.  I'm getting some crazy sounds with it.  Here's the link to the layout I used for the delay, It's the pseudo verb one.
http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/search/label/Delay

REPTAR

It actually sounds great without an opamp.  Definitely better than my glitchy rebote.  The tap tempo board moves the time pot and opens up more time possibilities than just a flashback or reverb-like sound.

It's a little messy right now.  I'll fix that when I get a better enclosure for it.  The offset drilling for the pots kinda drives me crazy, so I'll probably be getting enclosures from PPP from now on.

claytushaywood

So it says this delay only goes from 40-140ms... do you get longer times than that?  or are you an amazingly fast tapper? 

REPTAR

It was like that before I added the tap tempo.  With the time pot being wired to the tap tempo board, I get a larger span on the time pot.

REPTAR

The tap tempo isn't very accurate either, probably because I got it from Uk electronics, and the instructions are half in german lol.