News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lowrider bleedoff

Started by harpplayer, May 01, 2012, 01:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harpplayer

Hi! Can anyone help me with that, or let me know if also noticed a similar problem?

(1) Project Name - Lowrider Octave

(2) General description of the problem - It works ok, but I notice some fuzzy signal bleed off (all the octaves with a strong distortion) even with the pots down to 0 . It is not loud, but audible. As you increase the volumes, the ratio gets better, but it doesn't disappear...

For guitar it is really not a big deal, because the effect is not so (digital) clean anyway. For the harmonica, it gets in the way a bit. The element in the mic is really hot and drives just about any amp, so if I just want the lower octaves, the octave up adds a bit too much edginess to the sound.

(3) Steps that you have taken to try to resolve the issue - Move the I/O cables, but nothing happened - they are really short and the fit is really tight on the enclosure; I've tried to use 500k pots just to see if it would make a difference, but the bleed off is still the same; Audioprobed a bit, and even when I touch direct signal´s pot (down to 0), I get this signal.

(4) List any substitutions you used for parts/values - Changed the value listed on the mods for a stronger upper octave, but even stock the bleedoff is just the same.

Can anyone try to see if this is also happening to yours LR? Just open the amp's volume and turn all the knobs counterclockwise.

Thank you very much!
André

harpplayer

So, I used a trimpot to lower the voltage supply for the whole circuit. Down to 6.5V-7V, the problem fades, but the headroom is seriously affected. Higher than that, it bleeds audibly. Does that give any clue I am not figuring out?