News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Collosalus project doc correction

Started by madbean, May 03, 2012, 10:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Q4 and Q5 were swapped on the layout pics and schematic of the Collosalus doc even though the BOM listed the correct parts for both. Just to be clear: Q4 is BC549C and Q5 is 2N5087. I have updated the layout and schematic pics in the doc. http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/Collosalus/docs/Collosalus.pdf

Also, to follow-up on some of the clock noise/ heterodyning issues I encountered with a 9v supply (as mentioned in this post): The noise appears to only have been a problem with my prototype build. I built one of the production boards (which had a couple of changes from the prototype layout) and had no problem with noise.

I did make two changes from the stock BOM: I replaced D4/D5 with 1N5817 (origin. 1N4001) and C26 with 100uF (orig. 10uF). It worked perfectly fine with my 1-Spot and had no noise at all. I also used a 1M pulldown which I did not have on my proto board, but that likely had nothing to do with the noise.

If you do run into clock noise, try those changes!

marauder

I've built the collosalus with parts subs above, and it works perfectly, with no noise issues.
Easier to set the trimpots than the current lover.  Sounds fantastic.

Just need to box it, hopefully at the weekend.

jkokura

What's the colloasuls project? Is that new?

Jacob

;)
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Haberdasher

I made my collosalus with the change to d4/d5 but left 10u in c26 since it was already soldered in and I have no noise using a 1 spot.  ymmv
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Megadeth

Thank you Mr Madbean changing D4 and D5 to 1N5817 and C26 to 100uF removed all the clock noise for me.

I will post a video of it soon :)

//Mega