News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

lovepedal goes madbean?

Started by eniacmike, September 30, 2010, 10:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eniacmike

I saw this in the guitar center flyer. Exclusive guitar center pedal for a second I thought madbean had a pedal in guitar center now because they used the same font madbean uses.

I haven't seen the pedal but it looks really cheap. the tone knob is one of those little plastic trim pots. it looks really similar to this washburn distortion pedal I saw at target for $9.99. I wonder if it is smd.

http://www.lovepedal.com/pedals/superlead.html

jkokura

If it's Lovepedal, I doubt it's SMD. Those little plastic trim pots aren't all that bad actually. They're on quite a few of the ZVex pedals, like the ooh wah and seek wah/trem. At least, I think they're similar.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

It's actually a different font. I used to have that one but I forget what it's called. This is what "mine" looks like:

[attachment deleted by admin]

CRBMoA

I think it's called 'Pimp Daddy' ;D

madbean

eniacmike

the reason I suspect it's poor quality is becuase it is a guitar center exclusive so I don't even know how much lovepedal actually had to do with the manufacturing.

I have those trim pots on my crybaby from hell and 2 of the 3 are broken, thats why I don't like them especially on the top of a pedal where they can get stomped on. there is no reason not to use a regular pot in that spot.

I saw these for $9.99 at target.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

pigyboy

Soloist Distortion
Social Distortion ???

jkokura

DId you get one? What's inside?

I wonder what LSESLD stands for...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

eniacmike

I had the washburn pedal for a week. It is all smd so I got rid of it. I was hoping to mod it to make something cool out of it. it was terrible construction. the knobs are on a different pcb with a ribbon cable tack soldered to the main pcb.

gtr2

Thats to bad, I thought at least the case,led,knobs could be recycled and worth the 10 bucks.  O by the way how did the soloist distortion sound
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

aziltz

i have that washburn pedal and while I don't use it, i think it sounds pretty good compared to some boutique pieces of trash.   SMD or not, its how it fits in with your rig.

crashguitar

I have a couple of the Washburn pedals, the blues one and the soloist. They seemed pretty generic sounding to me. I have them as back-up pedals just in case something dies at a gig.