News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mac Application for enclosure drilling layout?

Started by (DEAD)fx, May 06, 2012, 12:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(DEAD)fx

hey guys, I've decided to have my more artistic friends that are graphic designers do the dirty work of designing the artwork for my effects pedals I build, but I need to give them a layout template for each pedal for them to design the artwork and labels around the holes to be drilled. Any advice on a software program for Mac that I could use to do these drilling layouts for them? I came across the pedal vector pack from ontheroadeffects.com so those vector illustrations will come in handy for me when I find an application to use. I really just need something simple that will get the job done and be able to save in a file format that my friends can open up with Photoshop and Illustrator. Any insight into what you guys are using for layouts and whatnot would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

omnipresent dude at (DEAD)fx, davidevansaudio.com/deadfx
tech/design engineer/shop rat at Avenson Audio, avensonaudio.com

irmcdermott

Inkscape.

It's free and there is a thread on here with tutorials

redbean

I use Gimp for OS X (as well as Linux Ubuntu and Windows 7): http://gimp.lisanet.de/Website/Download.html

Gimp replaced Photoshop as a FREE alternative, plus it runs well across three platforms. I downloaded Inkscape, but I haven't had the time to try it yet. I am sure it is good considering all the great art folks are creating here for their pedals using Inkscape.
es là-bas!!