News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sea Urchin Vs. Carbon Copy

Started by greyscales, May 07, 2012, 08:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greyscales

I did a side by side comparison of the Sea Urchin and a MXR Carbon Copy today. Just wanted to see how a popular manufactured, analog delay sounds compared to a DIY analog delay.
Pardon all of the "ummmm"s throughout.

tenwatt

Thanx for the video.  It's inspired me to get moving on this build.  It sounds GOOD.  Did you have to do anything to get rid of the "POP" that everyone was talking about when the footswitch is engaged?
Not too bright....

greyscales

I added a 1M pulldown resistor on the output. It did have a pretty loud pop before. Now it is as quiet as any other pedal I have.

Haberdasher

nice demo, thanks

fwiw I only used a 120k pulldown on my out and there's no pop so I guess you can get by with less than 1m
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Ettore_M

Quote from: Haberdasher on May 20, 2012, 08:14:55 AM
nice demo, thanks

fwiw I only used a 120k pulldown on my out and there's no pop so I guess you can get by with less than 1m
Sure thing! I used 100k (as Brian said on the Sea Urchin thread) on my build and there's no pop.

By the way, nice demo, greyscales!  ;)
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

greyscales

There was no real reason for me to use such a high value. It was just what I happened to have nearby, and it worked perfectly fine.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Just trying to give back a little to the community.