News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Uproar

Started by pickdropper, May 08, 2012, 12:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

After going back and forth on a few different artwork layouts, I decided to go simple.

The knobs from Mammoth have really sloppy indicator marks on them, so I will replace them at some point.

Overall, I have mixed feelings about this pedal.  I did use the On-Off-On clipping switch in the build docs, but I am not entirely pleased with it, so I will have to change it out for an On-On-On setup at some point.  I also find that the presence switch is subtle at best.  I think it will take a bit of tweaking to get this thing where I want it to be.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

chromesphere

Looks awesome!  Love the celtic with black look.  A fair bit of stuff going on with the uproar, good job getting it in there so neatly!
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

pickdropper

I ended up changing the knobs to black because the messy indicators on the white knobs bothered me.  I also changed the white plastic washer by the 3PDT to a metal washer.  I think it looks better now.  I'll update the pics soon.
Function f(x)

chromesphere

Im noticing that myself with the cheaper davies style knobs.  Sometimes the line isnt even finished!

Did those steel washers come with the spdt switches?  i always have issues mounting those neatly.  Leave the washer off, the nut digs into the paint / powdercoat.  Put the washer on, and it doesnt look very good.  The washer i'm refering to is the one with the wavey / jagged interior.  Yours look good cause their flat.  Might have to buy some from the HW store.
Paul

pickdropper

Quote from: chromesphere on May 09, 2012, 02:44:33 AM
Im noticing that myself with the cheaper davies style knobs.  Sometimes the line isnt even finished!

Did those steel washers come with the spdt switches?  i always have issues mounting those neatly.  Leave the washer off, the nut digs into the paint / powdercoat.  Put the washer on, and it doesnt look very good.  The washer i'm refering to is the one with the wavey / jagged interior.  Yours look good cause their flat.  Might have to buy some from the HW store.
Paul

I actually got the metal washers from Small Bear.  I haven't found ones I like at the hardware store, but I am sure they are out there.
Function f(x)

chromesphere

Cool idea!  Looks much neater!

mgwhit

Quote from: pickdropper on May 09, 2012, 02:52:57 AM

Paul

I actually got the metal washers from Small Bear.  I haven't found ones I like at the hardware store, but I am sure they are out there.

These washers at PPP are fantastic.  They're pretty much the same size as the nut and take up minimal space on the front of your pedal. 

pickdropper

Quote from: mgwhit on May 09, 2012, 03:15:41 AM
Quote from: pickdropper on May 09, 2012, 02:52:57 AM

Paul

These washers at PPP are fantastic.  They're pretty much the same size as the nut and take up minimal space on the front of your pedal. 

Ooh, nice.  The washers I used for the toggle switches don't look wonderful, so I am going to grab some of these as replacements next time I order from PPP.  Thanks for the heads up.
Function f(x)

pickdropper

Now with black knobs and metal 3PDT washer.  I like it better, but I still may try and find some better silver metal knobs at some point.

Function f(x)

pickdropper

Paul

I realized that I answered your question wrong.  Yes, the steel washers came with the spdt switches.  They were the tabbed switches and I just broke the tab off with pliers and filed them down a bit.  I will eventually replace them with the ones from PPP that mgwhit was nice enough to point out.
Function f(x)

nimbleswitch

The metal stomp washer really makes it. Nice build!
I've got one hand in my pocket, and the other one is waving a dildo.

nzCdog

Very tidy build!  :o I am thinking about playing with my Uproar too, to get better sounds out of it... make sure you share any sonic breakthroughs in the tinkering!

Hangingmonkey

Nice design, the metal cross reminds me of BLS.

I had a go at the riot but just need to box it up now.  I did all the mods but didnt like the facemelter, too extreme for me and so tired the presence but couldnt hear any convincing difference. 

guycapuano

Great work, I love my uproar