News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ego Driver (First Build Report)

Started by BRGPollen, May 10, 2012, 12:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRGPollen

First off, let me say a huge thank you to Mad Bean & K.Rock! for their help and support with the coolest hobby to date.

Below is my version of the Ego Driver.  It has the clipping mod (the led's are 3mm water clear blues in the eyes of the skull) that frankly is only minimally different to me but I use it over the standard clipping anyway.  As you can tell, I am a fan of twisting and braiding the cable.  It makes for an interesting rat's nest of wiring.  K.Rock!'s White rhino 2 channel mod is in there too.  What a useful little addition. It's a quick solo boost when switching from HP to LP with the separate volume control. I'm still learning about finishing the box the way I like it.  This time I started with a raw enclosure, sanded it, painted it gloss white, sprayed diamond glitter on it then Envirotexed it.  Then I printed a water slide decal, applied it and Envirotexed it again.  Aside from the bubbles (I'm buying a butane torch today! arrrrgh), It  is starting to look the way I want it.  I have the hardest time deciding on knobs.  I think this one is due for some metal top hats or plastic speed knobs (seeing as how I like to twiddle with my sound a lot).  Again thanks ..... I am truly stoked about this!

And the rat's nest.......

The Musician's Theory of Relativity . . . . . E=Fb

murdog47

pickdropper

Yeah, the design looks really nice.  The sparkle works well with the Skull, IMHO.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

k.rock!

Awesome!! Im glad you finally finished it! haha The sparkle looks really good dude, great job!!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

slimtriggers

I'm a sucker for sugar skulls, especially sparkly ones.  Very cool 8)