News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mangler - continuity across c2 +/- ???

Started by the3secondrule, November 03, 2013, 08:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the3secondrule

I'm currently debugging a mangler build for a friend - no matter what I've tried I cannot get the voltages right, i'm measuring a bout 30mv on the colletor of Q2 right now.

I've been checking continuity as something is pulling the voltage way down, and I'm getting continuity across the +/- pads of C2. I've pulled c2 and the fuzz pot off the board, so I can't see how i'm still getting continuity. any thoughts?

I'm just assuming I DONT want continuity across C2, as that would seem to defeat the point of having the cap there, but feel free to correct me?

Cheers,

J
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

the3secondrule

Quote from: the3secondrule on November 03, 2013, 08:54:03 PM
I'm currently debugging a mangler build for a friend - no matter what I've tried I cannot get the voltages right, i'm measuring a bout 30mv on the colletor of Q2 right now.

I've been checking continuity as something is pulling the voltage way down, and I'm getting continuity across the +/- pads of C2. I've pulled c2 and the fuzz pot off the board, so I can't see how i'm still getting continuity. any thoughts?

I'm just assuming I DONT want continuity across C2, as that would seem to defeat the point of having the cap there, but feel free to correct me?

Cheers,

J

Found it - c2 negative pad was shorted to ground...
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"