News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

alpha pots on mouser?

Started by eniacmike, September 15, 2010, 11:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eniacmike

I can't find the 16mm panel mount potentiometers with the smooth shaft on mouser.

I used to order from small bear but they take at least a week to get my orders in, I ordered some of the 9mm pcb mount pots from mouser last week and they came the next day (they shipped from dallas, I live in houston.. I only paid for fedex ground shipping) so I want to order my stuff from mouser if I can.

I ended up ordering pots from pedal parts plus becuase they usually ship the day I order and I get the parts 3 days later (they are in louisiana) and I order my switches and enclosures from them anyways.

any other helpful parts links would be appreciated too.

gtr2

Have you found the 16mm smooth shaft solder terminals?  I can't find them either on mouser.  I do usually end up ordering them from small bear anyways.  It does take a little longer but I don't mind supporting the small guys either!  Although  ;)...if I'm in a rush it would be nice to have a mouser part#
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

eniacmike

yeah thats what I'm looking for on mouser. 16mm smooth shaft solder terminals.

I don't mind supporting small bear either but I'm not going to spend $9 on a 3pdt switch. Their prices on pots are reasonable though, and they do give you the discounted volume price if you buy assorted values, as long as it adds up to a quantity of 10, 25, etc they will give you the volume price. I don't know any other supplier who does that. They also have a great knob selection too but I just wish the shipping was faster. It usually takes at least 5 business days sometimes as much as 9 business days for me to get orders.

gtr2

For me it's a little faster as I live in a bordering state from him.  I agree on some of the parts being overpriced, I get the 3pdt's from PPP.

I just looked again at mouser...

I did a component search for them and eventually looked for any manufacturer of 16mm smooth shaft.  They just do not have 16mm smooth shaft solder terminals that I can find.  Hard to believe for such a large company and an Alpha authorized distributor.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

madbean

gtr2

Thanks.  I was looking under metric so they wouldn't show >:(
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Boom

Quote from: eniacmike on September 15, 2010, 01:58:19 PM
It usually takes at least 5 business days sometimes as much as 9 business days for me to get orders.

Really, that long ? Normally I have my order about 5 or 6 days after placing it, and I´m in Amsterdam.... ???

Haberdasher

Yep, I live up north of Houston myself and it's the same thing.  Smallbear is slower than you'd like, ppp is pretty quick probably due to proximity. I get mouser orders the next day.  God, I love mouser.

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

jkokura

In Canada here, and I've gotten stuff within 3 days recently. They're really, really fast in comparison to other places.

Thing I hate is the 20 dollar minimum shipping charge for Canadians. I can't just order the couple small parts I want, I have to make a bigger order.

jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

When I was in Austin, I'd often get Mouser within a day. Sometimes before the charge on my CC hit. Now it takes a couple extra days.

Micpoc

Has anyone been able to find the same spec pots in reverse log taper at Mouser?  I forgot to order a 1MC on my last Small Bear order, and still have to place one with Mouser, but haven't found anything. 

Haberdasher

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Alpha-Taiwan/RV16AF-20-15S1-C1M/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtxdMMi52izylTGUjbYbj7qlxlLC4Rw6Io%3d

The pc mount legs are a little different, but you can solder wires onto them easy enough.  And I think the 8.38mm shaft length is the same as the other ones.   You might want to double check that though.

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

Micpoc

Thanks Haberdasher.  Yes, the 8.382mm = 0.33", but they list the shaft diameter as 16mm - NOT the 0.25" that the regular pots do - with a 17mm body dimension.  That seems a bit odd; I should probably look at the data sheet to see if that's a mistake on Mouser's part.

I have learned the hard way that you can't trust the pictures they show.  :-[

Haberdasher

No problem Grigori.

I'm pretty sure I ordered one of that exact type in a C5K and a 1/4" knob fit just fine.  I think 16mm shaft diameter must be a mistake; that's like 0.63".  That can't be right...

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE: