News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Serendipity (Second Build Report)

Started by BRGPollen, May 10, 2012, 03:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRGPollen

This time along with thanking Mad Bean for his hard work I need to thank Haberdasher for the etched board and gtr2 for the 3pdt board!  I just can't say enough about the community here. 

Now, here is my Serendipity.  The board from Haberdasher was awesome!  Until this project, I had only worked on fabbed boards.  I have to say that IMO layout and quality of etch make all the difference.  If you are not careful, the solder will run away down the trace  :)! It definitely upped my soldering game.  The enclosure is the same as my first report.  I did the white gloss with diamond glitter paint, then envirotexed it and added the decal and envirotexed it again.  To the best of my knowledge the kanji is Korean for the appropriate controls.  Either that or my friend is secretly cracking up that I would put those words on my pedal haha  ;D!  As with all of my builds I have the hardest time with knobs..... I'll update it when I find some that work!

I LOOOOOVE the sound of this pedal.  It does have an unusually stronger "pop" to it's switching.  I intend to build a rig around the GEC9 so I'm not worried as it will always be on.

And the Guts

The Musician's Theory of Relativity . . . . . E=Fb

whitebread47

Nice build!  I'm also getting my soldering skills up from working with etched board.  Out of curiosity, what program did you use to design that decal?
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

BRGPollen

Thanks for the comment.

As far as the decal, that's Photoshop 7. I'm just getting into Illustrator so I can do dicut decals out of some pretty interesting materials!

B
The Musician's Theory of Relativity . . . . . E=Fb

Bret608

Dude, you totally beat me to it using an Asian font on a build!  ;D  This is really cool...

Hmm, I suppose you could use Kanji to render Korean sounds. I know Korean did use classical Chinese characters at one point. Today, it uses a phonetic alphabet that kind of looks like a simplified version of characters.

Haberdasher

diggin the style.  I have some asian characters I was going to use as well if I ever get around to boxing up my 'dipity.

now go get some knobs on these puppies!  :D
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS