News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Warhead vibe

Started by crawford, May 17, 2012, 03:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crawford

Hi there,I completed my Warhead vibe build last night and got it running using two 9volt batteries in series, just until i buy a 18v DC power supply.So it is at present not boxed and has no light shield but it is working as i covered the lamp with my hand whilst strumming my geetar and it was vibing no problem.

Tonight i wired a 3pdt switch to enable me to hook up the LED which would in turn pulse in time with the lamp, the LED did pulse but it was very slight pulse, hardly noticable so i tried a 5mm standard clear LED but it was still the same,i'm not that fussed about having the LED pulsing but i was wondering if anybody had any idea why it's doing this? (I'm using a 78L15 100ma voltage regulator from smallbear)

Last question, is there a correct way to have the LDR's, i have mine standing and obviously facing the lamp but i have noticed in some other vibes they are flat on the board facing upwards.

Definitely last question, anybody from UK built this and if so what PSU did you use, cheers,Crawford. :)

crawford

Hi,In the end decided not to worry about the LED pulsing in time with the lamp so wired it as a normal on/off LED and got it all boxed up and working,bought a 18v DC adapter which works it fine,so i'll try and upload a video on You tube soon and post a link here soon,Crawford. :)