News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Gauging Interest, «Flipper Switch» PCB

Started by GrindCustoms, May 18, 2012, 12:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Hi everyone, i'm pretty new on this forum but i always have a load of project going on, so i tought i could share some of them here.

Other than here, i'm only active (read, pro-active) on the BYOC message board.

I've been using lately in couple of my builts a «flipper switch», basically it gives you the opporturnity in a 2in1 built to choose the order of the effects in the chain.

The pcb would be mounted on a 4pdt solder lug toggle switch, with led CLR and all connection needed.

This wiring is easy to perform by «hard wiring» everything, but we all like to have our builts neat an clean.

It would be a pro-fab double sided pcb.

Here's an exemple of what can be achieve with this switching.

3 in 1 overdrive

Red: Klone
Blue: OCD
Green: TS9

In this built, there's a flipper switch for the OCD and TS9 to decide in wich order they go and a flipper switch for the Klone and OCD/TS9 combo, so it goes before or after that subgroup...

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Sigesmundninja

That finnish is so good looking! I would imagine that's what a aliens skin would look like!

TNblueshawk

For those wondering Grindy is a stand up dude who has done several group buys at BYOC.

Rej there is a group buy sub forum here. I don't know if you are better off putting this there or not. Maybe Bean will move it?
John

jubal81

Since it's a board for a 2-circuit pedal, maybe you could design a board that does that and mounts both footswitches and LEDs. I think something like that would be pretty popular.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

GrindCustoms

Quote from: TNblueshawk on May 20, 2012, 04:59:04 AM
For those wondering Grindy is a stand up dude who has done several group buys at BYOC.

Rej there is a group buy sub forum here. I don't know if you are better off putting this there or not. Maybe Bean will move it?

D'oh!

But thanks for the reference TN, much appreciated  ;)

Quote from: jubal81 on May 20, 2012, 07:16:57 AM
Since it's a board for a 2-circuit pedal, maybe you could design a board that does that and mounts both footswitches and LEDs. I think something like that would be pretty popular.

I agree that it would make life real easy, the only thing i dislike is that you would be stuck with a specific hardware configuration on the enclosure, so it could be limiting for some builts, especially when you want to switch sub-groups of effect.

I prefer keeping the layout just for the 4pdt toggle, with everthing well labeled and holes aligned so you can use ribbon wire  for a super clean setup....

Will also make the price per board really lower, my main goal is to be able to sell packs of 5 pcb for 10$ or lower (depending on quantity) with the shipping included to CAN and US residents...with maybe 1$ upcharge to oversea DIY'er.

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

claytushaywood

I'd be interested- effect ordering is the reason I hardly ever build 2 in 1 boxes!

madbean

Fair warning: I already have one of these designed and prototyped and may be releasing it in the future. Not immediately (in case you were wanting to do this in the next couple of months), but at some point most likely.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: madbean on May 22, 2012, 04:58:11 PM
Fair warning: I already have one of these designed and prototyped and may be releasing it in the future. Not immediately (in case you were wanting to do this in the next couple of months), but at some point most likely.

Thanks to let me know, i wanted to get some protos made this week and as soon it's tested, i'm producing them.
First reason i was getting them made was for my own use, I don't want to cut you any of your future sale, so i will just offer them eleswhere.

If it's all good for you, it's perfect for me!  ;)