News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The wives

Started by madbean, October 05, 2010, 03:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4ndy

My wife is in the "humors me" category some of the other folks mentioned. I pretend to care about her ramblings on history for a few minutes and she pretends to care about my geeking out for tone. We are both supportive of each other's passions, but it does not mean we need to share them all.

The trick I have learned over the years is to ensure it is not a competition as someone else mentioned. If I spend all my time with my hobbies and none with the wifey things will not go well. Wives need to know they are #1.

My wife likes to paint (and I don't). Recently, I got her to start swirling pedals for me. I gave her dragonfly's tutorial and some guidance on what I wanted. Here is my BSIABII. I have three other pedals she has painted that all look great, but need to be clearcoated this weekend. Next up is a magic mushroom I am going to provide zero input on and let her do whatever she wants rather than a swirly - should be interesting.

irmcdermott

that paint job looks fantastic!

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

pigyboy

Great Swirly!
I wish everyone was married to my wife...Well, er.. one like mine ;D
She designs and applies the graphics, prints out the pcb transfers and plays thru a few of my pedals and the whole time is completely into to the whole deal.  I just bought her a $3500 Taylor so I am in good graces for the moment. Love you Rosie :-*

CRBMoA

Everyone now wishes they WERE your wife! :o