News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Macheen

Started by pandadandan, March 19, 2010, 06:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandadandan

Here's my recently-completed Macheen.

Note the immense size of the 100uf cap.  It's only rated 25v, but it's huge.

I love the red pcb, too.  Cheers Mr Bean

madbean

Very nice! Super clean build. I really like the copper plate on the front. It gives it a nice steampunk style.

culturejam

Yes sir, that has got some steampunk-esque qualities. Very nice.

I built the Macheen way back when madbean first made the layout:

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

pandadandan

CJ - love the creaminess!

If you can be bothered, I wholeheartedly recommend moving the trimpot to the outside.  That control has some great settings on it.

If I were to make another, I'd play around with the diodes.  Switching the germs for some silicons a la Tim Escobedo's Tripple Fuzz may yield some "nicer" tones.   ;D

brainbender

Quote from: pandadandan on March 19, 2010, 06:19:11 AM

:o
Gotta love it!

Quote from: pandadandan on March 22, 2010, 08:12:01 PM
If you can be bothered, I wholeheartedly recommend moving the trimpot to the outside.  That control has some great settings on it.

What that trimmer actually do? ???

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

FuzzMonkey

B_of_H

nice work!  I can't wait to build mine up. 

rhcp311

Whoa! Very cool looking. Great job on that one. I'd be happy if mine looked 1/10th as neat as yours.

Om_Audio

Wow- love both of these builds. I just got my pcb today from madbean- it's standard green though.  :)
In any event- this will be my first build and I am very excited.
Good to see you don't have to wire pots direct to the board. Also, I def want to put the trim pot on the exterior- but a 1K or a 2K? Anything else I might want to do like socket the transistors or anything? I know about the SHO switch- not sure if I will do that.
I love the one on this page with the giant black knobs-
http://freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22&start=80

I already decided before to use the same black rainbow box- and I have a cool graphic in mind- just need to buy trim and enclosure and decide on layout!

Om
Sent via soup cans and string.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Finally received the parts to populate mine. Gonna take your advice and put the trimpot on the outside for more flexibility.  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jimmybjj

wow, never saw this one. very nice indeed!
Pcbs no longer available

Om_Audio

Nice! I just got all my parts as well- but the pot I got for external trim is way bigger than the other ones (diff supplier)- hope it is not an issue. Working on layout ideas- woot- I'm thinking the one dead center. Will try to start building next week. Good luck!!

Sent via soup cans and string.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Nice layouts you got there. I'm was thinking about doing the same design, the one you have dead center. You should be fine with a bigger pot(24 mm?). It's just physcially bigger and if it will fit with your knob layout then don't worry about it.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

JakeFuzz

Yeah OM that is going to be badass! I just bought that exact same enclosure from PPP for my Lunar Module, looks great in your pictures.