News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Non MB - BSIAB 2

Started by pk1802, May 28, 2012, 07:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pk1802

Hello gents,

I'm slightly new here, I've been creeping for a couple months. I figured that I'd post some pictures of my creations. Well, I'm not quite smart enough to create the circuits, but I am lucky enough to stand on the shoulders of the incredible people of this community.

I just finished this build so I thought I'd share. I have some Madbean builds coming down the pike. Next on my list is a Yellow Shark.

Took this right when I started to wire it up, figured I'd take a before and after.

This is the "after" although this is only the wiring that did not attach to the board. Hopefully my wiring isn't too messy for you gents, I've been doing this for a few years, but my wiring never seems to improve.

I didn't take a picture with the board and the rest of the wiring, I forgot. If you guys are interested, I'll open her back up and take another picture.

This is the front, I believe the color is copper from PPP, but it was actually a blem. I planned the knob placement to best cover the blemishes.

The extra 3pdt is for switching between two sets of Volume and Gain knobs. So it feels like I have two "channels" on the pedal to use with a bi-color blue/red led to let me know what channel I am on. The tone and mids knobs are shared between the channels.

Let me know what you guys think. Ideas? Constructive criticism? Snooty remarks? I'm game for anything.

mgwhit

Nice job!  I can't imagine the amount of wire that must be inside that box.

nzCdog

Hey thats a great idea having the 2 sets of knobs!  Must have brought the cost up somewhat, but a cool idea.  Well done :)

pk1802

Thanks guys, I try not to imagine the amount of wire either. This is actually the 3rd BSIAB2 I've built like this. I built a normal one for myself, let some friends try it, and they both wanted one. So I built 2 with the double channel set up. Then I got jealous and reboxed mine with more knobs.

As for cost increase, I got the extra pots, LED, CLR, and switch from Tayda, and I bought the knobs from Smallbear so it was only an additional $7.17us. I figure that it's worth it for the functionality of having another pedal on my board.  :)