News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Clementine Squeezer (perfed 1590A OS)

Started by midwayfair, May 29, 2012, 03:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

I got impatient while the Cupcakes boards were out of stock and built this one on perfboard for a 1590A. I had it lying around for a couple of weeks until I got a chance to do some drilling and painting this weekend.

I've been trying to dig a little deeper into IC projects recently, and simple things like this and the Llama (and the DS-1 breadboard project from Smallbear, of course) have been a big help.

The only substitutions I made this time were a 2.2uF cap in C7 (using the madbean schematic numbering) and a 1N270.

I don't use 1N270s for any special reason except that I've found that most of the ones I had around had slightly lower forwarding voltage than the 1N34as I had. This one clips at .25, which is pretty low. I just liked the way they sounded when I tested it in my socketed version in conjunction with the smaller cap in C7.

The 2.2uF in C7 seems to help with retaining highs, although since it's not part of the audio circuit, I think it has more to do with the reduced compression you get than anything else.

Anyway, long story short, this one turned out more like a boost with some OS character than a compressor/limiter. I might touch up the border once the clear coat dries.

nzCdog

G.G.

nice job!! I love the hand-painted art too!

chromesphere

+1 on the artwork!  Smacks with character, well done!
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube