News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DOD 250 preamp (GTR2 content)

Started by LaceSensor, March 07, 2012, 08:12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Built this on a board courtesy of Scruffie with the vintage 741 RCA IC.
Also used the 3PDT from GTR2
Fired up perfect first time, the footswitch board is very nice too.

Plain face with a yellow LED at the request of my friend who the pedal is for.

Bret608

I really like the simple, clean layout. Did you etch that yourself?

I'm a big fan of both this and the MXR D+ circuit.

LaceSensor

Quote from: Bret608 on March 07, 2012, 08:28:52 AM
I really like the simple, clean layout. Did you etch that yourself?

I'm a big fan of both this and the MXR D+ circuit.

There exists an etchable layout but I bought it premade off Scruffie...

nzCdog

chromesphere

What a cool way of wiring to the board!  Never thought of that...was that your idea or was it part of the board layout?  looks super clean!
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

alanp

I like the strain relief wiring on the PCB. I've seen that with turretboards, but not PCB's before. It also amazes me how freakin' clean all you guys pedals are!  :o
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

LaceSensor

Quote from: chromesphere on March 07, 2012, 03:23:08 PM
What a cool way of wiring to the board!  Never thought of that...was that your idea or was it part of the board layout?  looks super clean!
Paul

It was part of the board layout. Ive done it with vero before. I dont think its necessary but it looks ok and has some functionality. I drilled the holes a bit too big, but its no problem really.

marmaliser

The simplicity and tidynes = Awesomeness.. I like it.

LaceSensor

You know for such a simply circuit it sounds really nice. I can see why people like them.
Works super as a boost and an OD, even getting pretty saturated at the top end of the dial.

Thanks for all the postive comments.
Ive been "off" building for a while so this is me getting back into it (that and the Aqua Puss I posted recently). Kinda nice to be back in the saddle.

DutchMF

Quote from: alanp on March 07, 2012, 03:30:58 PM
It also amazes me how freakin' clean all you guys pedals are!  :o

I think that comes with experience, Alan. I think you and me are on the same experience level, pedal-wise. For guys like us it's an achievement in its self to build a working, good-sounding pedal, clean building is probably something that comes with experience. Judging from your posts, your not that far from it, I'll try to keep up  ;)

You're hooked as well, aren't you?

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

cjkbug

man those break out boards really clean things up! very tidy!
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

snmavronis

That's actually one of my DIY original custom layout boards that was given away from a few left overs I had while developing my gray spec 250 clone. Glad to see it got a home and is used. I have a non-commercial DIY hobby webpage about it here with detail pictures and write-up:

Neo-Classic FX - DIY Stompbox Projects
http://sites.google.com/site/snmavronis/NeoClassicFX
Maryland, USA
Pedaltrain Mini: Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor, Neo-Classic 3080 Compressor, Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive, MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay, Boss RC-3 Loop Station

LaceSensor

Quote from: snmavronis on June 02, 2012, 11:27:44 PM
Glad to see it got a home and is used.

This went to a good friend who is a complete pedal lover, so it is much appreciated.

Really nice PCB board too.