News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

JMK PCBs

Started by jkokura, May 29, 2012, 01:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which 2 PCBs would you like to see from JMK PCBs? (after the Scuba Muff...)

Blender
38 (70.4%)
Buffout
2 (3.7%)
Headphone Amp
13 (24.1%)
Standard Fuzz
16 (29.6%)
Tiny Oscillator
14 (25.9%)
Wakizashi Boost
11 (20.4%)

Total Members Voted: 54

jkokura

Hey dudes and dudettes.

Some of you have already decided to get in on the first PCB I'm beginning to offer, the Scuba Muff seen here: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=5038.0

But, I'm also going to begin working on and releasing some other PCB's, and I'd like some feedback if you will. If you had a chance to buy a couple of these, which would your top choices be?

You can pick 2 on the poll I believe, but if you'd pick more just throw in your two ohms down below. Options:

Blender: This pot mounted, small circuit that will enable one to put any circuit into a blender, so that you can blend the effect in with other effects. Especially helpful while building Bass effects and such. The PCB is litterally about the same size as a 16mm PCB mount potentiometer, so you should have NO issue getting it into just about any build you could ever want.

Buffout: Wah output buffer. Dead simple, dead easy, and will have holes for standoffs (think foxrox and area 51 mods)

Headphone Amp: Quiet practicing? You bet! This improved version of the MXR Headphone amp is essentially a clean amplifier with a gain trimmer and a Output volume pot.

Standard Fuzz: The Ibanez Standard Fuzz is a super quirky mega fuzz that's been made popular recently by Dan from the Black Keys? Like the Black Keys? Awesome. Don't know the Black Keys? Sucks to be you.

Tiny Oscillator: Literally, this is the best debugging and "Rock it before I box it" tool I have. This simple circuit generates a simple sine wave tone that you can run through your pedal that you're testing or debugging. You could build it into a testing rig with a headphone amp, or an output for your amplifier.

Wakizashi Boost: This is a modified version of the Keeley Katana. The Wakizashi is literally a smaller version of the Katana sword... see where I'm going with this?

Enjoy the voting. Note that while these are not the only projects I'm working on for future release, they will be among the first candidates. I want to avoid pre-ordering except for getting going, and I in no way plan to 'overtake' madbean. These are just utility and unprovided circuits that I feel should have a place in the DIY world.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

GermanCdn

I voted for the boost, but had "Hero Drive"  been listed, it would have won out.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jkokura

Perhaps if I find some significant modification that I could justify it...

I just don't want to release stuff that's currently in production. I can get away with something like the Scuba Muff or Wakizashi because they're pretty significant mods or not in production.

We'll see though.

Jacob

JMK PCBs *New Website*

mgwhit

I'd pick up an oscillator and a couple of blenders.

timbo_93631

I could use a small form factor blender in so many ways...
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

midwayfair

If I could have picked a third, it would have been the headphone amp.

... Honestly, I've love to have the oscillator in the headphone amp.

the3secondrule

I would probably grab 2 or 3 Standard Fuzz boards if that helps sway things  :)
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

marmaliser

Doesn't madbean have muff, boost and fuzz variants? Just sayin

gtr2

Blender got my vote.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

thetrend77

Blue text...burning...retinas....

Voted Blender/Boost :)

jkokura

Quote from: marmaliser on May 29, 2012, 10:55:46 PM
Doesn't madbean have muff, boost and fuzz variants? Just sayin

Great points. But so do GGG, Tonepad, BYOC, GuitarPCB and many other places we can get projects to work on.

I am not offering the same projects as Madbean, and trust me, he's okay with me doing this. Brian and I have worked together for a long time.

This post is really about market research. I think it's wise for any new venture to ask these kinds of questions, and the answers are telling.

My hope long term is to fill in gaps that Brian doesn't have time or interest in pursuing. He's got more projects on the go and in preparation than is really feasible. Right now, I believe he could release one new project a month for more than a year - perhaps more than two...

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

DutchMF

Quote from: thetrend77 on May 30, 2012, 07:44:47 AM
Blue text...burning...retinas....

Voted Blender/Boost :)

Same idea about the blue text, same idea about what to vote!  ;D
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

LaceSensor

Jurassic

I also voted for Blender..

derevaun

Blend looks cool, though I boneheadedly assumed we could vote for only one and gave a slight edge to the tiny oscillator, because it seems so unique and useful that it'd climb farther up the queue.