News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Angle P = 45 Degrees (Smoothie 1590A) and SpaceVerb (Rub-A-Dub 1590B)

Started by timbo_93631, May 30, 2012, 11:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbo_93631

Got busy on these guys yesterday and wrapped them up tonight.  Smoothie is superb.  The opposite end of the Phase spectrum from the Bad Stone I built, just nails Speak to Me/Breathe.  Rub-A-Dub has the long brick, and I think it is really nice if you are into a really drenched with reverb sound.  Perfect for the oft mentioned ethereal stuff but I think it is really good for doing Link Wray stuff too.  Got crazy with Apache when I was rocking before boxing this after noon.  Many thanks to Madbean for all the hard work, long hours, and personal/financial risk he has taken to make these things happen, and to Josh (gtr2) for the awesome job on the Rub-A-Dub board.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

timbo_93631

Sunday Handwound Pickups

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

whitebread47

Nice builds, never seen the red 'lytics before.  I assume you used paint pens on those?  If so, which ones do you prefer?
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

mgwhit

Nice, clean builds.  I have a strange feeling I'll be ordering a Smoothie in the next week or two.

timbo_93631

Thanks for the nice comments guys!  I wholeheartedly suggest building both of these.  Very good no-frills projects that are going straight to my board.  I am going to build a short brick reverb and now I am thinking about doing two Smoothies in a 1590b because the entire range of LFO speeds is so utterly uesable.  I should mention that I put the 100uf electro that goes next to the trimpot on the smoothie under the board because it was too tall and fat to fit topside.  

Those electrolytics are ELNA SILMIC II's like these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5Pcs-Elna-SILMIC-II-47uF-16V-85c-Capacitors-/110816186358?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cd28cff6  Nice small electro's if you aren't gonna be running above 9V, I think 35v ones are brown, and 50v are black and gold.

I am just starting to experiment with paint pens and I can't say I have forund any that I love yet.  The black text was with a KraftMaid pen and the colors are with Elmers, I am going to keep trying different ones.  The Kraftmaid pens seem like they have very little paint in them as I used the black for simple text on 5 pedals and it is just about dead.  I mean, just the pedal names and knob names, maybe 100 letters, so not a ton of paint in one.  I'd like to find some that are a little finer line, these ones are marked "fine" but i guess I am looking for extra fine or super fine.

Sunday Handwound Pickups

timbo_93631

Sunday Handwound Pickups