News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Yellow Shark: LED & Bypass Work, No Effect

Started by whitebread47, June 02, 2012, 11:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitebread47

Rechecked the datasheet after reading mgwhit's post.  The transistor is oriented correctly.  I took more readings and here's what I get:  Gate = 0, Source = 0, Drain = 8.16v.  I assume that 0 is fine for the gate, as I do get a signal there when probing.  Not sure why I get voltage from the drain when there's no probe signal there, though.

I'm going to go ahead and try replacing Q1 to see if that makes any difference.
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

whitebread47

Well, I just switched out the transistor and it works!  Socketed it this time, the first must have been bad.  That audio probe may be my best friend from now with pedal building.  Thanks to all you guys for your help and suggestions, now I may be able to minimize my 'Tech Help' threads.  I really appreciate it, and got to learn in the process.
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

oldhousescott

Glad you got it working! Yeah, 0 volts on the source and 8 on the drain pretty much means no current flow in the device.