News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boost and Ts808 suggestions

Started by night-B, June 02, 2012, 11:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

night-B

Hi guys!
I'd like to put together a Ts808 and a boost in one enclosure.
Do you have any suggestions on boosts that work great with this circuit?
I have a slambox, a thunderpuss, and a fatpants board ready to go in that... Or maybe a baby boobtube?
Thanks.

Julien

DutchMF

I have a Thunderpuss that I use in front of a GreenBean, sounds quite good. You could wire them up with a 3PDT switch so the boost could be before or after the TS808 to increase flexability.

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

mjcyates

For me I would put a Fatpants after the TS808.

oldhousescott

I worked on a friend's Cheeseblocks sCream Cheese pedal. That's just an ITS8 with switchable LPB1s on both the input and output. Sounded decent and the boost really drove the screamer portion into a thick, saturated OD.

marmaliser

Two ts808 's would be my choice with boost one just being level max and gain min

night-B

So much options to explore... Think I'll test it before boxing to decide which one sounds best. Paul, how do you wire the switch to select the boost before/after the OD? Maybe a 4Pdt for the in/out of the effects?  ???

jkokura

Is there a reason you couldn't build the enclosure to potentially try out multiple boost types to see what you like for yourself? Rather than limit yourself, I like having enclosures around I can switch circuits in and out of so I can try them live, and with a band, or in multiple rooms or with different equipment. Very handy.

Perhaps before you commit to one, try out several.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

DutchMF

Quote from: night-B on June 03, 2012, 12:16:57 PM
how do you wire the switch to select the boost before/after the OD? Maybe a 4Pdt for the in/out of the effects?  ???

You can do it with a regular 3PDT toggle switch, I have a pic of it somewhere, I'll try to dig it up.

Paul

DutchMF

Couldn't find the pic I mentioned, so threw together a new one. PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK BEFORE USING THIS!!!! This switches the order of to FX (or loops of FX). You could also use it to switch a fuzz/distortion before or after your wah, which is why started messing with this in the first place.

Paul

Haberdasher

post deleted to avoid confusion
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

atreidesheir

Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

night-B