News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tremulus Prime (Non madbean build)

Started by rps-10, June 03, 2012, 05:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rps-10

My 2nd pedal build.. well 3rd if you include the feedback/loop pedal I made first.

It's a Musikding.de Tremulus Lune kit and I substituted the stock red LED for a rainbow LED seeing as the LED reacts to the LFO.

It worked well for about an hour, now it's gone all intermittent on me. Signal still passes but no effect and no life in the LED when it does this  :'(

jimijam

check your solder joints and reflow them. there is a few on the jacks that look dodgey. (espesially the signal wire at the output.) that could definately cause Intermittant problems.
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!

rps-10

Yeah I know, I should have used my own wire in places and not stretched the supplied stuff in the kit. Also about halfway through my roll of solder run out and I ended up using some old stuff I found, too impatient to wait and go to the shops to get some good solder.
Live & learn, it's going to be fun to re-solder this all and get it back out of the casing  ;D

rps-10

Re flowed nearly all the joints, it now works well. It's a really nice versatile tremolo.

rps-10

Except the raainbow LED will go out after X amount of time/use. Is this a heat issue or something or just a flakey LED?
Can be reset by pulling power from pedal and then inserting back - bit like a PC reboot  ;)

LaceSensor

rps-10

Yeah that is an option, just not got around to it yet.

The rainbow LED is pretty though   ;D