News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Arctic Rush...9 down, I'm done!

Started by GrindCustoms, June 02, 2012, 08:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

These are'nt madbean builts.......but i tought i could share over here aswell.

I work in the Arctic as a Ironworker/Welder/Heavy machinery operator.

I got my job call thursday evening and i got a load of built to complete before i leave, for customers and distributor....

So here we go, stay tuned...they will be couple more to come! :)

Mojo Perf! 8)

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

stecykmi

all expensive dale resistors too! i used those for an amp i built for myself a while back, but i can't bring myself to spend the extra cash for regular stomp box builds.

what part of the arctic? sounds exciting.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

GrindCustoms

Quote from: stecykmi on June 03, 2012, 12:51:13 AM
all expensive dale resistors too! i used those for an amp i built for myself a while back, but i can't bring myself to spend the extra cash for regular stomp box builds.

what part of the arctic? sounds exciting.

I like those little «turds» alot, i started to use these for my klones and in the end....i'm slowling converting my whole resistor inventory to RN55D....., 80% of my builts are «commercial» so i don't really feel the higher cost of those resistors...

I work in north east part of Nunavut, right under the Baffin sea, i was previously at 50km of the arctic circle but i'm now going 150km up north from that place to start a new mine plant.

We are 3 guys going over there, we'll be the first «contractors» to work in that emplacement, so it's pretty much exciting. :)

Quote from: gtr2 on June 03, 2012, 12:55:43 AM
Nice touch with the lighted knob!

Josh

The knobs are awesome on «one knobbers», save some place, makes wiring cleaner...just positive aspects! 8)

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

GrindCustoms

2 more Chimaera that are going to the distributor, in the 2 previous i posted one is now at home with Eric Jarrin (Despised Icon).

2 more Clean Boost that with another one posted previously are going to the distributor aswell, the other Boost is now in the mail going to Keith Merrow, for a promotional video.

And finally........another Chimaera with a proto laser etch that is going to another pedal builder Rnagoda (Godasound) for an exchange of service we got going.

pickdropper

Hey Rej,

On the unpainted silver box, is the laser etching actually an etch, or is it the laser staining process?  I can't really tell from the photo.

The laser engraver that I use can't actually dig into bare metal (although some can). The way around that is to apply a coating, which is stained by the laser.  After "etching", it the material is cleaned off, leaving a raw metal box with a permanent graphic discoloration.  Just curious which one you have there.

Hmmm, permanent graphic discoloration sounds like a good band name.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GrindCustoms

Thanks Dave, the last one is the «staining» method.

For the others it's like those you did, just engraving through the paint to the bare metal.

When i did my first «protos» the guy who does the job for me, settle the laser really high in temp and it was going through the aluminum a bit giving a rough feel to the etch, wich i liked alot.

I forgot to mention him that i wanted the painted ones like that.....does'nt really matter now...they still look good to me. :)

pickdropper

Yeah, it's certainly a fun process to experiment with.

I wish I had more time with it.  I have limited access to the one at work, but only when I have time and it isn't in use.  A bit too expensive to have at home, though.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper