News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My Yellow Shark

Started by whitebread47, June 04, 2012, 02:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitebread47

So now that I got my Yellow Shark circuit working (bad trannie), I have boxed it up.  The enclosure is Orange Vintage Sparkle from Mammoth.  I had a Bearfoot Honeybee a while back, and this thing is fairly close if my memory serves me correctly.  Also, I wired this board up to test it a month or two ago.  I couldn't bring myself to resize all the wire and go through all that soldering, so I left it.  Point is, my wiring is typically prettier than this now.  ::)

There's one slight issue that came to my attention after boxing it up.  The LED is always on, when bypassed or engaged.  I'm not sure what would cause that, but it worked normally beforehand.

Anyways, here's some pics.

Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

Haberdasher

great job!   I love that color...
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

mjcyates

The LED issue is probably just a grounding issue. Do you have anything on the bottom side of your board. If not put some foam tape on the bottom to keep it from grounding out.

whitebread47

Ah, that would make sense.  I didn't slip my usual 3M tape underneath the board.  Thanks for the tip!

Quote from: Haberdasher on June 04, 2012, 04:45:48 PM
great job!   I love that color...

Thanks for the board!
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

midwayfair

ooh, sparkly! What's that color?

whitebread47

Quote from: midwayfair on June 04, 2012, 08:29:32 PM
ooh, sparkly! What's that color?

It's 'Vintage Orange Sparkle' or something like that from Mammoth.  I found the enclosure to be pretty ugly when I got it in, but it looks neat with all the innards.  I really want to switch to using PPP enclosures exclusively, but I don't like to wait since I lack foresight.

I have a good friend who is one hell of an artist that offered to hand paint a handful of enclosures for me if I build her a Sea Urchin, so I should have some interesting boxes popping up in the build reports here soon!
Blake