News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Current Lover Question

Started by henryadams, June 16, 2012, 03:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henryadams

Hey, folks:

So I boxed up my current lover in a beautiful purple sparkle box. Best wiring I've done, clean job, fired it up and...well, it almost works.

I DO get a signal when I fire it up. And I know the BBD is working, because when I turn the bias trimmer, I get an awesome slapback delay sound. The problem is that I get no flanging, no swooshing at all. The thing kinda sounds like it's stuck in filter matrix mode (and yes, I've flipped the filter matrix switch back and forth--nothing doing).

2 issues that might offer good clues: the rate knob seems not to work at all. And there's a very high pitched, constant squeal. It's not very loud, but it's there.

I'm using the MN3007 chip, but I didn;t jumper the diodes (D4 and D5) that you're supposed to leave out when you use a 3007. Should I have jumpered them?

Any initial thoughts?

Thanks so much

jkokura

Edit* Sorry. My first post read a little bit snarky.

Yes, it seems like you have an issue. Without more details I can't really say for sure, but it looks like you need to work the usual debugging steps.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

henryadams

Quote from: jkokura on June 16, 2012, 03:26:49 PM
Edit* Sorry. My first post read a little bit snarky.

Yes, it seems like you have an issue. Without more details I can't really say for sure, but it looks like you need to work the usual debugging steps.

Jacob

Ok, yeah, that's what I thought. I was just hoping that there was something maybe simpler. And no worries about the snark.

henryadams

Yep, I'm an idiot, and jkojoura, your snark was well warranted. I had a short against the box. My current lover is awesome.

Thanks again, madbean, for a killer build!