News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel Chorus

Started by ncdb07, July 06, 2012, 12:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncdb07

This was the 2nd pedal populated and boxed. It sounds great! I used the Cool Audio chips in this. It is a really clean chorus. Just what I was looking for. I tried to pay homage to the original with the color, knobs,font, and led color. The led pulses with the speed knob. I couldn't find the original font so I used the font from The Terminator. Looking back the wiring could have been cleaner, but it works.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ncdb07
Daniel

stecykmi

Quote from: ncdb07 on July 06, 2012, 12:29:51 AM
I couldn't find the original font so I used the font from The Terminator.

this made me laugh.

nice build

DutchMF

Very nice!! The lettering almost seems to float on the box, great finish!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

ncdb07

Thanks for the comments guys!
ncdb07
Daniel

TNblueshawk

That looks great. Agree that lettering looks like it is floating.
John

Bret608

Yeah, this really captures the right kind of look! I did mine with the Cool Audio chips and I like the sound a lot. I think DutchMF did too.

Cheers,

Bret

ncdb07

Quote from: DutchMF on July 06, 2012, 05:56:49 AM
Very nice!! The lettering almost seems to float on the box, great finish!

Paul

Thanks Guys! The lettering effect was a Drop Shadow function in Illustrator. I first saw it in an Egodriver build and thought wow that is awesome! I wonder how he did that? And after many hours of experimentation developed what you see here.

This is where I first saw it and still impresses me as a very classy build.

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=3101.0
ncdb07
Daniel

DutchMF

Quote from: Bret608 on July 06, 2012, 02:09:53 PM
Yeah, this really captures the right kind of look! I did mine with the Cool Audio chips and I like the sound a lot. I think DutchMF did too.

Yeah, I did build my Porker with an MN3207 and a Cool Audio V3102, sounds amazing! I'll probably be building another one soon, with the Depth mod (as mentioned in the doc) on a switch, as I like it a lot, but it's not subtle! Still, this looks way better than my plain blue one. I thought the 'floating text' effect was some really complex Envirotex trickery!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

eldanko

Love the Terminator reference, as well as the shadowed text.  I think you nailed the 3D floating look on it.  I just finished my Pork Barrel and I freakin' love it.  Great build!
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer