News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sabertooth Bite-ing too much

Started by buckysde, October 15, 2010, 06:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckysde

I'vs just finished building the Sabertooth as my first pedal.  All works great except the "BITE" control seems to be inconsistant and IMO gating too much that I don't seem to be able to control.  It is possible I could have fried something during the soldering?  Would changing to a different pot value help this?

Many thanks!

madbean

Yes, a smaller value pot could make a difference. If you have a 100kb handy try that. Also, verify that you have used a 100k for R2 and that C3 is facing the correct way. Let us know how it turns out!

eniacmike

the bite control comes on really fast pretty much any more than 1/4 up and it is all bite. if its cutting in and out you may have a bad solder joint somewhere on the pot or the board check all those and make sure your wires don't have any hidden breaks in them (especially if your using solid core wire)

buckysde

Thank you all for the suggestions!  I popped a 250k in there and that made it more managable.  It was the first circuit I've even made and etched the board myself.  So there was bound to be some inconsistancy somewhere.