News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aristocrat: Missing R14 value and R25?

Started by sugabear2133, October 18, 2010, 11:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugabear2133

The Aristocrat page is missing the R14 value.

The schematic vs the layout numbers are all different so Im not able to use that to match anything up.

I do assume R14 is a 10k?

Also, there is no R25 on the layout. 

Just looking for insight! Thanks!

madbean

You are absolutely right. I just checked and the BOM is incorrect. I've made the necessary changes and reposted to document: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/Aristocrat/docs/Aristocrat_ver.4.pdf

I re-did the numbering on the DS, and even though I exported the new BOM into the DOC somehow I got mixed up and left the BOM from the single sided version. I've changed the doc to have the correct order for both the SS and DS versions.

My apologies---this was a dumb mistake. Up to R14 (in case you started loading those components) R3 should be 27k, R5 should be 10k, R12 and R13 should be 1M, and R14 is 27k. It gets fairly out of order after that so hopefully you haven't gone too far.

Please let me know if this has royally screwed anyone and I'll make it right.

sugabear2133

I did just finish wiring it up and it sounds like poo lol.  Out comes the solder sucker.

No worries, these things happen.  Thanks for the update!

sugabear2133

The link still goes to a wrong layout with wrong parts. It is still the same.

madbean

Quote from: sugabear2133 on October 18, 2010, 01:37:38 PM
The link still goes to a wrong layout with wrong parts. It is still the same.

The layout is correct, it's the partslist that I corrected (the resistors column). You should see on the first page of the doc (at the bottom) "UPDATED 10.18:" etc, etc.

You are working off the fabbed board, correct?

sugabear2133

I had to open it up in Firefox instead of safari for it to read the updated version...too weird. Thanks!

madbean

I'm emailing everyone who ordered the new board to let them know. Thanks for the heads up!!