News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My Weird Weener...

Started by Marcelo, June 17, 2012, 01:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcelo

Ok, for those that like to like to constantly like to make changes to the pedalboard, I found that adding more controls to my wah allows me to make slight adjustmentsand nail the 'magic' sound without the need of opening up the pedal. So here are the mods I introduced to my wiener:
Changed C1 to 0.01n
Changed C3 to 0.33n
Changed C5 to 0.022n
Changed C6 to 0.01n
These changes bring the wah to a more classic vintage tone.
Also, for the fine controls outside the shell:
Substituted R4 with a 1k pot installed outside the case to adjust gain.
Substituted R5 with a 2k pot installed outside the case with a 2k resistor in series to adjust the bass to treble transition of the wah (smoothness).
Substituted R2 with a 100k pot installed outside the case to adjust volume.
Moved the frequency trimpot outside the shell. I found this control quite useful for final fine-tuning of the wah.
The end result... I love it! With this controls outside the case I can quickly make the desired adjustments to the wah when I change the pedalboard. Also, I love being able to adjust the gain with just a quick twist of a nob.
I used an old crybaby case and mounted two pots on each side of the case towards the front of the pedal. The buffer switch is mounted towards the back of the pedal but I keep it on most of the time.
Another tweaks..true bypass switch and on/off LED.
Hope this helps!
m

some pics: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5biif9ioiuj3qoy/TwXasae7AF

Ang3lus

the r5 mod is interesting, will try it later this week

stecykmi

wow very interesting mods. nice build too, do you have any preference for the wah pot? or specific inductors?

Marcelo

Thanks! I used a whipple inductor (dandyjob.com) but kept the original pot of the crybaby  (hot potz II) since it was working fine. I may consider experimenting with a different pot but not for now. Very happy with the new toy as is!
M