News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

a little film I made with some friends for a 48 hour film competition

Started by GhostofJohnToad, April 15, 2013, 02:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostofJohnToad

Not sure if this will interest anyone or if it's something you guys will even like...  But this stuff is meant for sharing.

We had 48 hours to write, shoot, score, and edit a film.  We were given the genre(sci-fi), a prop(drinking glass), a character name (Sylvia Woods), and a line of dialog("Out on a limb").  We had to incorporate these elements and have the film be under 13 minutes. 

We didn't win anything, but it was great fun and I learned a lot.

Thanks for watching!

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

nzCdog

LOL!  I liked that, a quirky fun little film there... well done!  Where did you get those cool props? The safe and old computer were awesome.  Did you do the music?  Sounded great too

I have friends who have always been up for these comps, not a lot of sleeping to be had during the 48hrs...

GhostofJohnToad

Thanks!  I did all the music.  or rather went through old stuff i had laying around and recycled my old bits.

All the props were in this old building a friend of a friend owns.  The computer was an ibm probably from the late 70s.  it actually turned on.  There was so much cool stuff.  In the basement there was an old tiki bar with a glass enclosed dance area where the interns used to dance.  The owner told us "some crazy sh*t happened down there. 

It was great fun and I'd recommend the experience to anyone.