News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

"Ethereal" 'Verb (gtr2's Rub-a-Dub)

Started by whitebread47, June 19, 2012, 06:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitebread47

So I'm knocking out the builds I've had parts lying around for.  Yesterday a Muff, today a reverb!  This uses a Rub-a-Dub board I got from gtr2 and uses the short brick version of the BTDR-2.  There is still plenty of reverb on tap with the short brick, and has a very interesting modulated fluttery effect when at the extreme setting.  All in all, sounds great!

I blew out the LED by accidentally forgetting to add a CLR for it.   :-\  The strange thing is that I used a green diffused LED, but when it first turned on it glowed red, then orange, then not at all.  Not planning well enough ahead, I had to drill for the in/out jacks pretty low and almost had to scrap the enclosure (I also found that I should be more careful center-punching these guys); lessons learned.

The inside of the lid (though a pedal built for myself) reads, "It is this space that births us into being."  Significance?  I heard my meditation instructor say this once, thought it sounded cool to write inside a reverb pedal.   ;D

Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

alanp

Cool. Is the using up parts why you used two strips of the single pin stuff for the IC socketing?

Might have to order a Rub-a-dub when they come in stock again.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

whitebread47

Quote from: alanp on June 19, 2012, 07:54:32 PM
Cool. Is the using up parts why you used two strips of the single pin stuff for the IC socketing?

Might have to order a Rub-a-dub when they come in stock again.

Nah, I could never have too many single pin strip sockets!  I had some DIP-8 sockets on order when I populated the board, so I used what I had.

I may order another next time Josh has them, as I'd like to build a long brick one for comparison.
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

nzCdog

woo congrats on 100 posts!  you need to build one with your avatar as the art... its crying out 'MAKE MEEE'!

whitebread... this is for you ;D

greyscales

Nice enclosure. The black sparkle is appropriate for a reverb.

Any chance for a clip of the short brick?  ;)

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

midwayfair

Very nice. Clips! :)

Is that the black starlight from PPP?

whitebread47

Thanks guys! 

nzCdog, that video hit the spot!  :D

I'll see if I can get some clips up within the next couple of days.  The enclosure is actually black sparkle or something like that from Mammoth.
Blake